Friday, November 22, 2013

Behind the Bike Shed

It seems the Anglican Church in these islands is about to shoot itself in one or other of its feet of clay over the business of gay marriage.  I remember years ago as a member of the Dunedin Diocesan Synod silently (and smugly) congratulating myself and the other members on our good sense in not attempting to cross the Himalayas on a bicycle as the Methodists and the Presbyterians were trying to do.

Now however the Church of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia would seem to be getting up to something very untoward behind the bike shed.  Not a good idea, as I tried to point out at the meetings of synod in the last years before I was whisked off to Damascus on a magic carpet.  I am sorry to say that I regard the legislation of relations between persons of any sex whatsoever as something quite beyond the wisdom and competence of an elected synod of would-be mountain bikers, however well-intentioned (not to say athletic) its members might happen to be.

More on this arresting subject later.

No comments:

Post a Comment